It is expected that China will become the world’s largest manufacturer by 2025. Over the past decade, China’s manufacturing sector has made large contributions to the country’s and also the world’s economy.
China has become a big manufacturing country but has not yet been a powerful one. The main problems in Chinese manufacturing are:
- Weak independent innovation ability
- High dependence on foreign countries in core technologies
- Low resource use efficiency
Premier Li Keqiang announced on March 25 China’s plan to focus on these three issues and to upgrade its manufacturing capacity for the next decades, leading China into a more competitive international manufacturer. This program, “Made in China 2025”, aims for a greener and more intelligent manufacturing with the use of the internet, improving innovation ability, integrate informatization, industrialization and bring the economy towards a higher sustainable growth.
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang. Photo from ejinsight
Ten sectors have been identified as priorities:
- New information technology
- High-end numerically-controlled machine tools and robotics
- Aerospace equipment
- Ocean engineering equipment and ships with high technology
- Advanced railway traffic equipment
- Energy saving and new energy vehicles
- Power equipment
- New materials
- Biological medicine and high-performance medical devices
- Agricultural production machinery
Shanghai Metal Corporation serves the world’s businesses as an integrated global manufacturer, exporter, and supplier. We stand firm to our philosophy in bringing value across the globe and we always dedicate our effort to provide quality products and reliable services. Our commitment pushes us to continuously put efforts in innovation and improve our manufacturing capacity. Shanghai Metal Corporation, alongside with China, will continuously work hard in the future to become a better manufacturer and bring value across the world. We hope to change the world’s perception of Chinese goods from simply “made in China” to “innovated in China”.
Ayu P.//SMC Editor